The Festival Town on the Edge of the Lake District
Ulverston Rangers Football Club was formed from a group of youngsters who hung around and played football together on the honeypot estate. The team joined the Barrow and District U-18 League in 1944. The first official league game the team played was against Dalton Boys Club,which they lost 6-0. The team ceased playing for three years but reformed in 1948, joining the Ulverston and District League with a useful side. They reached several finals and had some tremendous tussles with the likes of Holker COB, Barrow Celtic and Urswick.