The Festival Town on the Edge of the Lake District
Step by Step
- Start at Canal Foot
- Follow the sign that points towards “Plumpton” and the “Coastal Footpath”
- Stay on the road and then go onto the grass
- Follow the rocks that are on your left, there is a track down the full length. Be careful as the rocks might be slippy.
- Follow the path up to the left and walk through the trees
- This will eventually come out at the Plumpton car park
- Take in the views, and head back on the route you just walked on.
You can go in to Plumpton or up towards the viaduct if you feel like going further.
Difficulty – The rocks can be pretty slippy, but the rest of the walk is quite flat.
Wheelchair Friendly – No
Things to see – Coast, viaduct, wildlife, flowers, and trains
Places to Eat/Drink – The Bay Horse
Distance – 1.08 miles/1.75 km
Terrain – Rocks, road, grass and mud
Start Point – Canal Foot
Watch the Walk – YouTube
- Canal gates
- Leave the road and walk on the grass
- View to your right over the viaduct
- The viaduct